Monday, July 11, 2011

Bluebonnets to Beaches


As the very first post in this blog, it seems as though I have some explaining to do as how to in the world I landed in Carlsbad, California :) I will try to give you the abridged version as the preface to this story.

In a nutshell, I am a Texas girl from a small town, who attended Texas Tech University in Lubbock, and went on to begin a career in the beautiful hill country of Austin, Texas. I've had the luxury of traveling all over the Lone Star State for work and for school. It wasn't long after I got my feet wet in Austin (so to speak) did opportunity come knocking again. My wonderfully talented, handsome, and charming boy (yes, I like him a bit!) was offered a position at a leading golf company in Oceanside, CA. With only a short turnaround on time, I agreed to join him on this amazing journey, and our bags were packed and plane tickets booked in just 26 short days after his acceptance. And, here we are!


This whole journey has been quite the experience in a multitude of ways. For starters, neither of us have ever lived anywhere other than Texas so the idea of traveling 1,300 miles to start fresh is daunting to say the least. Secondly, although we had the extreme fortune of having our lives packed and moved for us, the coordination to break a current lease, leave two jobs, schedule necessary appointments, and leave everything behind in an orderly fashion was slightly chaotic.


Did I mention that we were flying 4 hours... with a cat? No? Well, that happened too...

*Disclaimer: If ever the occasion arises when you need to fly with your pet, Southwest Airlines is beyond helpful in this process, and very easy to work with!


I will end by saying this opportunity has been truly one of life's greatest blessings. I have been allowed the good fortune of leaving a wonderful place, and beginning again in a wonderful place and I will make the most of every day during my time here. Stay tuned for updated posts as I venture out and around this beautiful city! I'm ready to take CA the AB way ;)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!