Monday, July 11, 2011

Day One

Relaxed and refreshed on Sunday morning, we were anxious to get out and explore. We started our day with a sunny morning exploration of the sights in Carlsbad and ended with a late night Mexican dinner among the palm trees. Bliss. Below is a brief rundown of our adventures on our first full day as California residents.

1. Shopping in Carlsbad. Breezy and beautiful outside!

2. First time dining at In-and-Out Burger for lunch. (Probably the greatest grilled cheese sandwich ever created and a Neopolitan shake!? Are you kidding me? Chocolate, Strawberry, and Vanilla all swirled together in one tasty, frozen concoction? Pinch me.)

3. Scenic drive down to Oceanside to take a look at the headquarters.

4. Pit stop at Trader Joe's for ice cream and chile spiced dried pineapple pieces. (I am still trying to decide how I feel about these, and more importantly, how I can incorporate them into my Pineapple Mexican Wedding Cake recipe. Garnish? Folded into the batter? Hmmm... stand by).

5. Late afternoon cruise along the coastline to scope out the beach. (I cannot wait to get my toes in that sand!)

6. Stop at Best Buy to purchase a GPS system, considering neither of us really have a clue where we are most of the time.

7. Delicious sunset dinner at Casa de Bandini in Carlsbad. (And I thought I wouldn't find a $6 margarita anywhere in California!)

Can't wait to see what tomorrow holds :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!