Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Going, Going, Gone.

Last night we had a great time at dinner with one of Spencer's colleagues. The boys talked golf, but I didn't mind because I was involved with my Vegetali alla Griglia (a simple, rustic plate of grilled vegetables with a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette, served with polenta). 

Have you ever had a grilled tomato? 

Me neither. 

It was utterly fabulous and took on a completely different taste. Try it at your next cookout! Just half a tomato, brush with a little olive oil, and place face down on the grill. You won't be disappointed!

Afterward, we took a stroll down to the beach to watch the sunset. It was only a matter of minutes before the sun had wished us farewell and was on its way to Hawaii (or somewhere... I don't know. I just heard a dad tell that to his little girl, and never having paid attention in geography or astronomy, I believed him.)

Going... 


Going... 




Gone. 

Enjoy your Tuesday, everyone!


PS - Geesh, I never realized all of my posts have some kind of food-related undertone to them. I promise to work on this! Spencer and I are totally and admittedly foodies, and love discovering new places through local cuisine. There is so much to do here, and I promise to start taking out my camera on more occasions then when the waiter delivers my dinner entrée.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!