Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Workin' 9 to 5

I'm channeling Mrs. Dolly Parton this morning, 
a.) because that is the catchiest song in the world, and 
b.) because I have accepted a job offer!

Beginning Monday morning, I will be working at a commercial interior design firm in sunny San Diego. I am overly excited, grateful, blessed and very nervous! If I can make it through my first day without tripping over myself, nervous word vomitting, or getting a paper jamb in the printer, then I would consider it a successful first day. 

Psssh. Let's be honest. 
I am going to do ALL of those things! 

In the meantime, I plan to take a breather, do a little shopping for some new "professional" apparel, and hopefully spend a little more time out at the pool with a good book (if the sun ever decides to come out.)

Hope you guys are having a great week!

3 comments:

Saskia said...

yay! congrats DJ!!! btw..i am still not getting notifications on when you are updating your blog. anyway, that is so exciting!! :) hopefully, there is someone there just as goofy and fun as you!

afairlie said...

Awweee Sas :) I wish you were going to be there eating your hummus + bagel on my first day, just like you were on my last first day! And... I haven't set it up yet :( I will do that now!

Rik said...

Yay for you! That was pretty quick.

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!