Friday, September 9, 2011

Lights Out!

As most of you probably know by now, southern California (specifically San Diego county), parts of LA, Orange County, Arizona, and even New Mexico experienced a massive power outage yesterday and into this morning. While I was glad to have the two hour excuse from work, I made up for it on the two hour drive home seeing as all traffic lights were out of order. It was super. 

Somewhere around 5:00 AM, power was restored, and we all had to go back to work. 
No. Fun. 

I noticed on my drive to work this morning that several cars were abandoned on the roadside. The gas pumps were not working yesterday afternoon, and people were getting stranded trying to get home. We sat next to a man at dinner last night at our hotel who we overheard say that he was staying here for the night, because he didn't have enough gas to get back to Orange County. Yikes... 

As I was driving along observing all of the sad, ghostly looking abandoned cars, I was cut off by this happy, chugging dump truck. I actually laughed out loud when I saw that the driver had decorated the back of his truck with a giant spider. You can't tell from the picture, but he also had two scarecrows on either side of the tail lights. Classic. 

Please, enjoy the following picture. 

Ho hum. Just driving my dump truck.


We are off to enjoy a late dinner and drinks with a friend. Looking forward to a relaxing weekend, again! No big plans... but you never know what might come up :) 

What are you guys up to this weekend?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!