Friday, October 14, 2011

Peanut Butter Nutella Fro Yo

Raise your hand if you love Nutella. 

lkhdfjhwq idwioh ojkhdsf.

That was me typing with my feet because both hands were raised. 

If you feel similarly about peanut butter and ice cream, have I got a treat for you. 

Fresh out of my kitchen, and my newest obsession, Peanut Butter Nutella Fro Yo.
Oh. Yes. 

This was the sort of invention that develops from PMS necessity. Thanks to my old pal Pinterest, I had seen a super simple recipe for chocolate fruit dip, made by combining Nutella and Greek Yogurt. Since I pretty much can not make it through the day without a Fage or Chobani break, this was the perfect excuse opportunity to use Nutella in a recipe that doesn't involve just a spoon try something new. 

On Monday night, I whipped up some of this absolutely delicious fruit dip while Spencer and I enjoyed it with banana slices while watching The Real Housewives of New Jersey The Discovery Channel. I must have lofty ambitions, because I had a ton of the fruit dip left over. Never wanting to waste chocolate, I decided to put it in the freezer to save it for later. 

Tuesday night is when the magic happened. I pulled out that delicious yogurt concoction only to find that like a beautiful butterfly, my chocolatey goodness had morphed into a frozen custard type dessert that only needed a spoon and a pair of sweat pants to be enjoyed to its maximum potential. Done and done. 

After a little bit of experimenting, I found the absolute BEST possibly combination of ingredients to be Nutella, peanut butter, and Greek Yogurt. I have become mildly obsessed with this dessert to the point that Spencer kind of groans when he sees me reaching for the freezer handle. Since I could never deprive my readers of something so fabulous, I just had to share. Make this. Tonight. 



----------

Peanut Butter Nutella Fro Yo

1 cup plain Greek Yogurt (like Fage or Chobani)
2 heaping tablespoons Nutella
1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter

Combine all three ingredients in freezer-safe container. Secure with lid and freeze for at least two hours. 

(The longer you freeze it the more like ice cream it becomes, and less like frozen custard. Also, be mindful of your freezer settings -- if it's too high, you'll have to wait even longer for it to thaw a bit... and no one wants that). 

I have found that I like it best when it's just under frozen and is thick and creamy and delicious. It's all about personal preference!

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Saskia said...

well, i'll admit...i used to eat nutella with a spoon straight out of the container, but then i gained 20 pounds. damn i love that stuff!

Catharine said...

Your strikeouts seriously had me dying at work! I watch the "Discovery Channel" too! ;) I'm going to have to try this recipe tonight! Can you believe I haven't jumped on the greek yogurt wagon yet? Blasphemy!


xo Catharine @ Your Modern Couple

afairlie said...

Sas-Me too!
Catharine-Oh, you're a fan of "The Discovery Channel", too? We must watch the same educational programming :) Jump on the bandwagon. Please. You will not be dissappointed!

alliepookah said...

How did you know that I just ate a spoonful of Nutella earlier today? Gah!!

afairlie said...

Ali - Because we basically have lived the same life! I know a Nutella lover when I see one :)

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!