Saturday, February 11, 2012

Bueller...?



Whew! Since I've been "absent" for the entire month of January, this is my first opportunity to wish you all a happy new year! Hope 2012 is off to a fabulous start for each of you :) 

Things here are flying by. I absolutely cannot believe it is already February. 

Believe me, I tried to make the holidays last as long as I possibly could... including waiting until nearly the end of January to take down all of the Christmas decorations. Truthfully, this was only because I was hot on the heels of winter with Valentine decorations in tow :) 

Unfortunately, it's back to reality and back to work for both of us here. Things at work have been set to a steady flow of BUSY since I got back. That's a good thing, so certainly no complaints from me. In fact, I've become increasingly more comfortable with the ins and outs of my job and am now getting more opportunity at work. I attended my first ever grand opening/ribbon cutting a couple of weekends ago. The project was a salon, and one of the first projects I worked on while at the firm. We had a great time! The Aveda freebies didn't hurt, either ;)

Even though work has been taking up the majority of my time, I've still found plenty of social opportunity along the way. Work hard, play hard :)

Some coworkers and I are competing in a Project Runway inspired fashion show using interior finish materials from two sponsored local area reps. The concept is to create a custom-designed couture runway gown using the materials given to you by your assigned sponsor. We happen to have a laminate rep and a furniture rep as our sponsors. The finished piece must be representative of the theme, which is "Passport to International Haute Couture". Each of the contestants drew names of cities in which would inspire their overall piece. Our city is Stockholm, Sweden. I can't give away any more details, but all I can say is it's going to be fabulous... we hope. I can't sew, so let's just say there is a fair amount of hot glue desperately adhering most of our outfit together ;) 

I've had a couple of happy hours with some fantastic new friends (wine and girl time is always on my priority list!) and had to say goodbye to a sweet friend (I'll miss you Allison--love on Texas for me!). We've also  been using the slow cooker a LOT (slow cooker Sundays!) and having fantastic results. One of these days, I will actually have the courage to leave it running while I'm at work. Anyone out there have any advice to help me get over my phobia?

Aside from the obvious "get over it", that is.

Other than that, I've been trying to make more time for crafting and baking. I love them both so. The weekends just never quite seem long enough for all of my big plans. 
Sigh. 

I will try and be better this month (and throughout the year) of updating so that I don't have to do any more of these fast and furious posts. Too much rambling about my boring little life in one setting :) 

I'll leave you with a few visuals from the month of January. Enjoy!

We saw Seinfeld at the Civic Theatre in January.

Been trying to take some more time for myself lately.
I have to say... I could really get used to these kinds of lazy afternoons.

Spencer and I showing our best at the San Diego Automotive Museum.
Frank Sinatra's car was on exhibit while we were there... so cool! 

Salon freebies. Love.

San Diego is truly a beautiful place!
We are so lucky. 




1 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!