Wednesday, February 29, 2012

hello, lover.

Meet my new vintage love. 


Tah-dah!
My "new" sewing machine, circa 1990-ish?

My fabulous friend and co-worker made relentless fun of me for my "toy" sewing machine, as she refers to it. See picture below in relation to a bottle of wine. 
It was all I had on hand to scale it by ;)


Tiny, right? 

Anyway, I have taken a recent interest in wanting to learn more about sewing. She just so happened to have this little Singer beauty on Craigslist. She took pity on me and immediately removed her listing, toting this mint condition (still in original box, with original styrofoam and plastic bag!) beauty into work today. A gift to me, she said, if I would get rid of the "toy".

Done and done.

I did a little research on my new sewing machine and found out it likely still in great condition. I haven't had an opportunity to play with it yet, but I can hardly wait :)


Happy Wednesday to me! Hope yours has been swell :)

2 comments:

Saskia said...

i'm sure it is still great! i have a singer my mom got me a couple of xmas's ago--and then i have another one that is circa about the same time as yours! i have yet to try the older one, but i am sure it is a lot better than my lil singer. have fun! i love mine, but i'm so impatient that when it messes up i go insane :) bi dj! :)

afairlie said...

haha that is probably the longest post you've ever left me :)

I haven't tested it out yet, but I can't wait! What are you sewing on these days? :)

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!