Tuesday, September 18, 2012

wine & canvas

Last night, I went to a "Wine & Canvas" party hosted at one of the local wine bars in North Park.
You Texans may know of "Painting with a Twist"--it's the same thing.

If you're not familiar, how these booze fests social events operate, it's something like this.
You first go online and look at the calendar of different canvases available to paint. There is a new canvas and a new location each week night. The locations consist of local business who "host" the event--i.e. have a back room or a large party room. There are approximately 30 seats per class and one instructor who takes you step by step through painting the canvas, and at the end you end up with your own piece of artwork to take home. There is, of course, alcoholic beverages available to help "inspire" your creativity.

Initially, my friend Bailey and I bought a LivingSocial deal with the intent of going together. We narrowed down the canvases we wanted to paint to two, and ultimately one. She and I will go next week Monday and paint together. However, I really liked the other one so much I decided to go for it on my own.

I will spare you the hilariously awkward details of how this evening progressed, and skip right to the before and afters. Let's just say that my OCD coupled with the word vomit I chronically suffer from made for an interesting evening for all. 

The first picture shows my fresh, clean canvas and the second... my finished piece. I must admit... I like the way it turned out. I wasn't sure what to expect, but am pleased with the outcome. Hoping for the same results next week!

Before

After




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!