Sunday, February 10, 2013

succulent farmer

All of the rain we've been having the last few weeks has really done a number on the patio. Had a moment this afternoon to snap a few of my lovelies and thought I'd share!

this guy continues to amaze me!
this ginormous flower was propagated from one tiny leaf and now it's growing multiple flowers from itself.
nature rocks. 
the tall, green guy behind the large purple flower is another one propagated from a cutting.  
can't take credit for these... home depot can, though.
they're still pretty! 
some new little bloomers joining the show.
love grouping different textures of green.
last but not least... my newest addition: a yellow rose bush!
my mom, because she rocks, sent me this amazing yellow rose bush from a local
business in my hometown. she's the only mom I know who sent me the whole damned
rose bush for valentine's day instead of a dozen. I adore it and can't wait for it to start blooming!
I can already see a few new leaves starting to form... :) 

I dream of the day that I have a backyard that will look exactly like my patio perfection board on Pinterest. Until then, I'll just be the crazy succulent farmer with way too many pots on her patio. ;)

post signature

6 comments:

pookahknits said...

Gorgeousness!!

afairlie said...

Thanks, friend! SoCal has truly turned me on to the world of succulents / cactus... and I ain't never goin' back! ;)

Janice with Word of Mouth Designs said...

I'm glad that you like your V-day gift! Can't wait to see the blooms!

afairlie said...

Me too!!!

Lori Zaragoza said...

Love it! That's how my fabulously talented and beautiful godmother/Aunt Janice rolls! Anyone can spend moolah on the dozen that die off in a couple of days. And the yellow rose will hopefully remind you of Home and the family and friends that miss and love you!! Muah!

afairlie said...

Here here! Agree wholeheartedly :)

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!