Friday, February 15, 2013

you learn something new.

It's so true you know?

The phrase "you learn something new everyday" is literally the most true statement for any person, no matter who you are.

Sometimes, I learn really important things--things I need to know for my job, things I learn about myself and Spencer (there is plenty left to learn on both fronts... and I love that), or things about life in general.

Sometimes, I learn really seemingly insignificant things...  like the reason there is an indentation on the sides of aluminum foil boxes or that the lyrics to the song "On My Way" are in fact not
"bomba-way...bomba-way, I would like to reach out my hand... oh meteo! oh meteo, I'll tell you to run! bombidisay-bombidee-oh" and that song has a legitimate title... not "The Matilda Song".

Seriously, who saw that last one coming? Mind. Blown. 

Today, I learned a small thing... on the side of insignificant, or obvious even...but it was a total revelation to me. Clearly! Or I wouldn't feel the need to give it it's own blog post. 

I respond to each and every person who leaves a comment on my blog posts, because well... if you're kind enough to comment on my ramblings, countless animal and plant photos, and my attemps at DIY, then that is just reason alone! Plus, I like you :) 

It dawned on my that you guys may never, ever get to see my replies to you... sad. But that could all change! As I was commenting on a fellow blogger's post, I noticed this "Subscribe by email" link in the lower right-hand corner of the reply box [see below].

Gasp! I tried it, and it does indeed work!

All you have to do is click on it, enter your e-mail (if you're not already signed in) and it will automatically e-mail you to let you know that I've replied once I do. Genius! And bonus... once you do it one time, it will automatically send you a reply e-mail for every comment of yours I respond back to from here on out. Note: It doesn't notify you every time I reply to anyone, just your comment specifically.

How cool is that!?

OK, so before you call Captain Obvious on me, I'll leave you with that.

Enjoy your weekend, friends!

post signature

4 comments:

Janice with Word of Mouth Designs said...

Just wanted to test the "subscribe by email" option. :-)

afairlie said...

Did it work?!

Saskia said...

I must be the psycho that actually checks back to see if you responded :) I'll subscribe...much easier. LOL :) Have a great weekend! I'm hosting a little "book club" for 50 shades today hehe

afairlie said...

Haha don't worry--I do too :) Uhm, what?! I want to come! I need details!!

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!