Friday, March 22, 2013

I believe...

via
Lee Brice's 'I Drive Your Truck' is one of the most beautiful tributes to a fallen soldier I have ever heard. It's a beautifully written song about how a man deals with the loss of his brother in combat. The first time I heard it I thought "wow... now that just about says it".
Beautifully written, down to earth, and a genuinely realistic look at loss, you don't have to like country music to appreciate this one! Check it out here. {And don't bother watching the video... I think it kind of takes away from the true meaning of the song}.


via
look at that face... seriously? 
Animal abusers are among the lowest form of human life. I was outraged earlier this week when I heard this story (click for link) of mother seals and their pups being kicked, punched, and sat on at one of our local San Diego beaches. I try to keep it pretty PG around here, but the first thing that crossed my mind was "you piece of shit" when I saw the video that surfaced of the two women performing these actions. Very few things get me hotter... in fact, I'd say almost nothing, than when I hear of a story like this. Much to Spencer's embarrassment, I have been known to confront dog owners when I feel like they are being too harsh on their pets. Not my business? Maybe not, but in the interest of being a lady I won't tell you where I think these folks can stick it.


via
Starbucks new Hazlenut Macchiato is divine. Is this what I've been missing? I've always been on Team Latte. I've never understood these macchiato drinkers, but seriously they clearly know something I don't. Rich and delicious, I could devour this thing in a single gulp. If you haven't tried it, YOU MUST.
Hint: get it iced, with whip, then shaken. You're welcome. 



Downton Abbey makes me want to be a rich tea drinker...at the turn of the century. If you don't watch this one, you're missing out. I first started it about a year ago, but couldn't understand what they were saying couldn't get into it. I was also trying to do about 500 other things at the time I watched, so it's really no wonder it didn't stick. I started over during my surgery last week and I dare say (see how you can just turn that on and off? I love it) that it's one of the most imaginative shows on television. Give me a show with a little bit of period costume and a lot of scandal, and I will book a first class seat.

via
Also, when I grow up, I watch to be Head Bitch like the Dowager Countess. Maggie Smith has this role to a fine art and I can only say... bravo.
Sorry about the language. This post was already ruined from the seal story. 

That's all that's shaking in my world right now! What about you?


post signature

4 comments:

FriendaversaryBlog said...

Thanks for the comment on our blog! I am loving yours too. It's like your Instagram extended. Hope things are well with you!
- Mary

afairlie said...

Thanks for reading, lady! This post was a bit sporadic--I promise I don't always sound so neurotic! :) Looking forward to more of your posts, too! :)

pookahknits said...

I agree! Bitches!
Also, I've had two of those hazelnut lovelies since they were announced....mmmmm

afairlie said...

Hear hear!
OMG are you totally obsessed with them!? I'm in love!

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!