Monday, May 13, 2013

Points of Pinterest: DIY Leather Bow Cuff

How many of us are guilty for pinning excessively and uncontrollably? We have the best intentions of following through with those piñata cookies or homemade laundry detergent, but life gets in the way and we just keep pinning.

Guilty as charged.

I've been inspired by my pal Allison over at Pookah Knits who has been crafting up a slew of accessories from Pinterest lately. She has made some awesome bracelets and a necklace that I am itching to try my hand at, too. She got me thinking... why haven't I made any accessories that I've pinned?

So with all of the necessary supplies already at home and a newly found motivation, I set out to make this leather bow cuff from my handmade: clothes & accessories board, which was ironically one of the first things I ever pinned!



I have to admit, I'm pleased as peaches with the way it turned out. Using a fabric snap as the closure couldn't be any easier to get on and off. I'm debuting it today with my lovely new kelly green top from Banana Republic (thank you, 50% off Mother's Day sale!) and am loving it!

Now that I've overcome the first DIY accessory, I'm a force to be reckoned with :)

4 comments:

Rema said...

LOVE!

afairlie said...

Thanks, Rema! Going on day #2 of wearing it. Had to give the old friendship bracelets a rest :)

Catharine Klepac said...

Ummm may I please have a bow bracelet? I saw on today's post that you are selling them! And I'm too lazy to attempt this myself these days lol I can't decide on the color though. Maybe black? or navy? or mint? or kelly green? or gold!?!? Do you have any of these colors? :)

xo Catharine @ Your Modern Couple

afairlie said...

I can haz bracelet!?

Yes, of course! I know for certain I have an array of metallic, definitely black, definitely navy… possibly Kelly green and/or mint? I know I have approximately a zillion different colors, because I just can’t stop myself. I also think there are three different textures to choose from, so I’ll just email you pics of everything I have! :)

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!