Friday, May 24, 2013

let's talk fashion :: PINK is totally trending right now!

Admittedly, I'm not the first person that comes to mind when one thinks about the season's current fashion trends, nor should I be! Gracious knows that my closet doesn't reflect either "current" or "trending".

But, I do LOVE to get dressed up!

And I love jewelry.

And flowers.

Despite myself, after years of boyfriend trying to mold me into the perfect preppy girl after his own style (preppy boy not preppy girl, duh), I think it's finally working.

Cue the color pink.

I've never been a girl in love with the color pink. I can appreciate a salmon colored vase, or a fresh picked bouquet of pink peonies, but pink... on me... no.

Until recently.

I don't know how it happened, but lately it seems to be the only color popping up in all of my clothes, jewelry, makeup, and photos. I can't get enough of it lately! I keep telling myself it's just the 'color of spring' and all will soon go back to normal (AKA black pants, black tops, black shoes... I could be a mortician...or a waiter), but until then, I'll just keep enjoying my little pops of pink!

my wine glass is pink.
my bracelets are pink.
my crafts are pink.
my wardrobe is pink. 
my earrings are pink. 
i only photograph pink flowers (of late).
my pedicure is pink. 

It's EVERYWHERE! And, I like it :)

Happy Memorial Day Weekend, All!

5 comments:

TDavenport said...

I love the pink in your life! I'm a fan of pink...but not too much pink. There's a line where pink becomes more pepto bismal than peonies. Where'd you get that cute wine glass from?! Let me guess...you made it? :)

afairlie said...

Haha I agree! But I'm so into it right now, I could be dressed from head to toe in pepto and probably not care!

Actually, no! A friend of mine sent it to me from that "Creative Pay-it-Forward" thing I posted about a while back. I was in total surprise when I opened the box and found it! LOVE it!

Saskia said...

Love it! Your outfit was super cute! Loved your earrings and sandals!!! :)

TDavenport said...

Totally agree! Well I love the wine class! And is that pretty ring I see on your left hand something you're not telling us?! :)

afairlie said...

Thanks,Sas! :)

And Tiff--haha no! It's my TTU "class ring" but you wouldn't be the first to ask that! ;)

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!