Sunday, June 30, 2013

bye, bye, bye.

While I would normally save such a post for something of the 'Transformation Tuesday' variety, I couldn't possibly wait that long. I went in today for a little haircut, and...


Holy pixie cut! Where'd my hair go?!

It's actually called an asymmetrical pixie, as one side is longer than the other. This is my first asymmetrical cut as well as my first pixie cut. 
What can I say? I like to live on the edge. :) 

The element of surprise it offers is pretty great. From this side it's all 'Oh what a cute bob cut! It's short... but classic!'



Then I turn my head and it's like 'whaaaa?'



At least, that's the reaction I've been getting :) 

I'm curious to see how the next couple of days will go. You know... the whole 'doing it yourself at home' deal. It's generally has a 50/50 success rating. Currently, there's a ton more product holding it up than I would normally ever use. However! I'm told that this style is actually quite flexible (who knew?).  I can style it 'messy' [as pictured] or use a round brush and make it smooth and sleek. Or, if ever in the mood for a little symmetry in my life, I can just part it to the opposite side and it should take on the shape of a short bob. I like the options!

This cut certainly isn't anything I would ever normally do... but I was in the mood for a change, and my stylist [and boyfriend!] had been practically begging me to do it for months. I'd toyed with the idea, but finally took the plunge today. It's edgy and fun. Just in time for summer!

Oh! And what do you think about that lipstick? It's MAC's Candy Yum Yum and I LOVE it! It's all kinds of Barbie pink, but it's so fun and girly. Definitely not an everyday look, but is so fun to play dress up with. And bonus! It looks great on everyone!



xo!


8 comments:

Dayna Heine said...

Love it!!!!!

Rema said...

Oh my gosh, loving these additional pics. Edgy and feminine at the same time!

afairlie said...

Thanks, Dayna! It's different!

Rema: Edgy and soooo not me! But it works, somehow! Thanks!

Saskia said...

I honestly really love this new hair cut. It's so edgy and funky! You look great with it and I wish that I could pull off short hair! :)

afairlie said...

Thanks Sas! I am still getting used to it:)

pookahknits said...

Super duper adorable, I dig it!

Cece said...

It's super cute! And daring. I like it.

afairlie said...

Cece: Thanks, lady! I am loving it--can't beat a 4-minute hair day :)

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!