Monday, June 17, 2013

my favorite 'm' things.

No... Monday isn't one of them.

Today is Monday, but despite that minor detail, I'm thinking about all of the other 'm' words from this past weekend and today that I do love and appreciate!

manicure monday!
as part of my whole 'look better, feel better' resolution concept this year, i've taken to painting my nails on sunday nights.
guess what?!
this small act really does help to improve my monday!

as does this 'golden-i' color from sally hansen: hard as nails.
I LOVE.

it's soooo james bond, no?
mojitos!

thanks to ashley over at fancy ashley, i've become obsessed with these!
i started with her original recipe for the fancy-ito [which i loved!] but tried the original mojito tonight... and wow!
i think i found my official drink of summer.

who's complaining?
*hint: not me. 
monograms!

i'm sorry, but...

duh.

spencer's mom sent me this fabulous little beach tote. i loved it sooo much as is, i knew i'd love it even more with a custom monogram! i'm glad i sprung for it -- it' makes the whole bag, don't you think?

happy mail!

i took a fat stack of happies to the post office this weekend.
shipping supplies just make me giddy.

lame.
milkshakes + my man!

a two-fer!

we ate at burger lounge last night, and decided to split a brownie milkshake.

"excuse me?", you might ask.

well, you're excused because this thing is the bomb.com.

it's essentially a chocolate milkshake, blended with a salted caramel brownie, topped with whipped cream.

um, hello?
spencer said when the waitress described what it was, my eyes grew to the size of gum balls.
he asked me "what do you think?", and though i must have blacked out... because i don't recall the question or response... i managed:

"who-wha-whatever you think"
*nervous giggle*

the shake was incredible... oh, and my man isn't so bad, either ;)

Cheers, peeps! Only four more days, but who's counting?! ;)

10 comments:

Catharine Klepac said...

Okay I'm officially implementing "Manicure Monday" over here too! I've been so bad at keeping up with painting my nails with all of these paint projects that keep messing them up :( but a weekly re-do is perfect! :)

afairlie said...

Catharine: SO true! I have never been a nail painter, but it really does just make your whole overall look more finished! :) And YES! Painting will do that to you! You're way less lazy than me :) Our walls... BORING.

Catharine Klepac said...

Haha oh! And I meant to ask you.. where do you get your oh so cute shipping supplies? Everything I've seen is so "eh" lately but polka dots. I mean come on! :)

afairlie said...

Haha thanks! The polka dots and the damask (that was on your package!) is Scotch brand shipping tape from TARGET (AKA my Disneyland). The little "ship to" labels were on clearance at Michaels in the gift wrap section--lots of fun shipping supplies there!

Catharine Klepac said...

Oh Target.. I've stopped having lunch there everyday so I feel so out of the loop! Heading there after work :)

TDavenport said...

I LOVE your manicures each Monday! I should do my nails more often, but since I'm outside all the time they tend to chip often. So, I generally just do them before we're heading out of town on a little getaway! BTW - did you know if you spray your wet nail polish with cooking spray (like Pam or something of the like) that it will dry them...like instantly?! I do it all the time when I give myself a pedicure...it's amazing!

afairlie said...

Thanks, Tiff! I had seen that on Pinterest, but was always too scared to try it! I'm definitely going to start doing that now that I know someone who has done it! That's awesome--glad to hear it works as good as they say!

And I just discovered something about painting my nails that I never knew before! This might help with the chipping:

1.) Make sure your polish AND your topcoat is is the same base (oil, whatever)... otherwise, they'll work against each other!

2.) I don't know about you, but I always applied a base coat, polish, then top coat. My manicures NEVER lasted... I discovered that you don't really need a base coat, as that is what makes it chip faster! Top coat is a must, though :) [I'm on day 4 of my mani and not a single chip!]

3.) Did you know you can paint your nails like crazy and the excess that gets on your skin comes off in the shower?! I am probably the only girl in the world that didn't know this, and hence... the only girl who never polished her nails! Works like a charm, every time (I don't have a steady hand). I've also seen on Pinterest that you can apply lotion around the cuticle area and the polish won't stick... but that's just one more step for me and I typically don't have the time :)

4.) As much as I LOVE and ADORE Zoya, OPI, and the other 'designer' colors... I find that the Sally Hansen X-Treme Wear ($3 at Target) lasts the longest and dries the fastest (since I typically never get around to painting my nails until about 15 minutes before bed) :)

TDavenport said...

Wow! I didn't know all that but I do now and will keep those tips handy the next time I do my nails! I haven't used a base coat in forever because I had read that about it making them chip more. However, I didn't know about having the polishes the same base. Thanks for the tips! And, I am with you on the Sally Hansen nail polishes - love them! :)

Cece said...

I love Mojito's too! And your monogram bag is really cute!! Love the nails. I wish I had the patience to do my own. I'm very lazy when it comes to that. For my giveaway you enter by rafflecopter. If the entire widget doesn't pop up then you have to click the rafflecopter link and it should show up. Let me know if you have any issues. : )

afairlie said...

Thanks Cece!! I am a dumb dumb... in my total excitement about your giveaway, I completely overlooked it! Thanks for the IT support! :)

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!