Sunday, June 9, 2013

the family that buys matching vw's together...


Well, my lovie just couldn't let me have the spotlight for too long :) 



He's the proud new owner of a Jetta GLI and I couldn't be happier for him!

He test drove this gorgeous car [in white] at the dealership while I was shopping around for my Passat. He loved the car... but wasn't totally sold on the white. Our wonderful sales team (seriously... if you're in San Diego and looking for an honest deal on a great car, I know a guy!) gave him a great price and even tracked down a car with the color + package he was after. The car arrived by Thursday afternoon, and we went to check things out on Saturday morning. Boyfriend wanted to make sure that it was exactly what he wanted first. We parked in the customer lot, and glanced around... but no sign of the GLI. As we made our way around the front of the building, I heard him say "oh... there it is".

Parked out front of the dealership was a gorgeous, sparkly new GLI with a bright orange "SOLD" sign on front. I have an affinity for white cars, which is why I was perfectly satisfied with the white one, but after seeing this charcoal grey there was no doubt in either of our minds this was the car for him. The interior is a gorgeous black leather with red stitching--which only further exacerbates our love of all things TTU. About an hour later, all the papers were signed and we were headed to lunch in a pretty new car!
top: target  |  shorts: j.crew
flip-flops: j.crew  |  earrings: local boutique  |  bracelets: madewell
I wore my best car-shopping swag, since I was pretty sure we were coming home with a new ride. ;) Dress to impress, right!?
(Really... I just wanted a good excuse to wear my awesome, new neon orange shorts!)



Car shopping took up most of our Saturday, and Sunday was spent doing all of the usual things for both of us. I did, however, take an opportunity for some D.E.A.R. time (remember that!?) with my favorite Golden Retriever on the patio. An iced coffee and a s'mores cupcake may or may not have been involved...


I also [finally] got some sussies shipped off! My sweet friend Catharine requested this navy ostrich leather-look bow cuff, and the braided bracelets were a sort of 'thank-you' gift to Paige, whom you might remember sent me the awesome monogrammed wine glass :) I met both of these girls in the Interior Design program at Texas Tech and just adore them both! I am considering making the braided, leather-look summer bracelets available in my Etsy shop. I've made a couple of them for myself, and love the versatility of them. They can be casual or as an accessory to your everyday look. You can wear one or 5 of them on one arm, or twist them together to create one chunky cuff. What do you think? Leave it or list it? ;) 

We've just returned home from a date night happy hour, and a long walk with the dog. We're just finishing up some laundry and getting ready for the week ahead. I already know... it's going to be a tough one. Our offices are relocating... and amidst all that, I'm busier now than ever. It always goes that way, doesn't it?

Hope you have a wonderful week, sweet readers! 



4 comments:

pookahknits said...

List it! I love those bracelets!! I need to get back into the swing of things and make some more!

afairlie said...

Allison: YEAH! Woo! Haha thanks for the support! I love making these little guys and was hopeful someone else thought they were as cute as I did! :) And yes, PLEASE make some more! You're totally my muse! :)

Saskia said...

yowza! you both drive fantastic cars!!! :) good luck this week!

afairlie said...

Haha thanks Sas!!! Same to you :)

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!