Sunday, July 28, 2013

lately...

I realized it's been a while since I've written about what else I've been up to [other than glittering wine glasses and making jewelry]. Although, truth be told, these things take up the majority of my free time :)

I've also been working... like a lot. So many new projects, big projects, fun projects. Seussical qualities aside, it's been a busy couple of months. For instance, on Thursday morning, I had to wake up at 4 AM in order to be at a meeting that began at 6:30 AM. Seriously... who does that?! Oh wait... I do. The joys of working on medical projects, I suppose :) Anyone that knows me knows that I like to work. I like to be busy and am so passionate about my career. However, on my last doctor visit [to have my stitches removed] my blood pressure indicated a very large spike. Now, this could be in part to the fact that I was about to have someone remove 7 stitches from my still numb hand... or it could be something else entirely. Either way, I'm slowly but surely finding ways to relax in the evenings, let work be left at work, and the stress of the day melt away. Wine helps with this process, obviously :)

Tuesday evening, we had the rare pleasure to visit one of my favorite people and her little family visiting from Austin. We drank sangria, made s'mores, and completely obsessed over the cuteness of this little guy. I haven't seen him in almost a year, and holy cow... he's just as adorable (if not more!) than I remember.

that cup was empty.
he was covered head to toe in dump truck stickers.
the extended pinkie finger kills me.
there was no need for the spider-man helmet (he just wanted to wear it).he totally made my night :) 
bedtime stories :) 
I've also been obsessing about creating a 'dressing table'. Instagram and Pinterest [the banes of my existence] are littered with DIY solutions to jewelry storage; and with the growing collection of statement necklaces and arm candy I've been hoarding lately (it's so out of control), I both want and [dare I say?] need somewhere to showcase these pieces. So far my favorite 'look' has been the table with tabletop storage for bracelets, necklaces, etc. and framed wire mesh for hanging earrings. I also love the idea of hanging up cute and inspirational, girly quotes & monograms like this one and this one. I got home from work Friday afternoon, pulled out the 'extra' desk from the master closet, searched endlessly for the set of Allen wrenches to put it together, then moved it in and out of the closet four times, decided I didn't like it anywhere, opened a bottle of wine, and totally gave up. On to Plan 'B'... whatever that may be :)

This weekend, we went to an absolutely fabulous French restaurant with friends (which I'll give a full review on later this week!) and discovered, yet again, that our city is full of wonderful places to go and do and see. For all intents and purposes, my life over the last week, on paper, has looked pretty boring... but it hasn't been. It is so full and I never take for granted even one second how lucky I am to do what I love and live where I do. We are so blessed!

2 comments:

Cece said...

Boring can be pretty darn wonderful!!! Glad you are in a good place in your life and enjoying it.

afairlie said...

Cece: I agree entirely! A couple of weeks ago you made a post about your 'boring weekend' but I liked what you said about it -- boring to some, but just what you wanted and needed! That's all that matters, right? :)

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!