Sunday, September 15, 2013

birthday goodness.

I fervently and ardently believe that sprinkles make everything taste better. Everything. 
The older I get, the more I delight in the small stuff.

Like whipped cream and sprinkles in my birthday coffee. [I am a firm believer in calories not counting on your birthday... and I definitely live up to my own standard!] I got the idea from my sweet IG buddy [Ashley] over at House of Jensen. She makes the prettiest coffee drinks and I thought... why not!? It was love at first sip.

So this is how my birthday started...fancy coffee & birthday gifts!

Ignore my lobster claws snapping a pic in the reflection :) 
Kitties LOVE crinkly wrapping paper!
Post-gift unwrapping sesh, I got dressed and we headed out for a super yummy, low-key Italian-style brunch. I had the most delicious avocado toast with a sunny side egg and roasted tomatoes. Yes, please! It was simple and heavenly. I will certainly be interpreting it at home.
Sporting a few of the birthday treats I bought for myself.
Selfie birthday presents are also a must :)
Brunch perfection.
We continued the big day with birthday shopping (yay, new riding boots!) and college football. I literally could not ask for more :)

After a quick outfit change, we were off for dinner and drinks at one of our favorite places.

Pretending like it wasn't 85 degrees outside so I could wear my fall getup. 
It was such a low-key birthday, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Twenty-eight... please be kind! :)

4 comments:

Cece said...

Happy Birthday!! Looks like your perfect day and that's how it should be. Cute boots.

Saskia said...

Looks like you had a great birthday weekend! So glad we got to catch up this weekend!!!

TDavenport said...

Happy Birthday! Love the new boots :)

afairlie said...

Thank you ladies! It was a great day!! :)

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!