Monday, October 7, 2013

texas, my texas.

Blue Bell. Rodeos. Tex-Mex. BBQ. Sweet Tea. Bluebonnets.

These are all things I love [and miss dearly!] about The Lone Star State. For the last week, I've been basking in the hot Texas sun and eating up all of the hot and spicy food I can muster before headed back to sweet [yet mild] Southern California.

I've spent the last seven days in my little hometown, visiting family and friends. I've had such an amazing trip, which makes getting on the airplane tomorrow that much more difficult. Just short of eating myself silly, I've also crafted / cooked / baked with my momma, watched tons of Netflix, shopped, and on some occasions, just did nothing.

I have missed Texas so, as evident from the photos below. :) Enjoy this little look back at my vacation through the lens of my iPhone. Ya'll. 


aaah. my heart is so happy to be back in blue bell country.
  
mom and i made 'pumpkin spice nutella muddy buddies'.
ummmm. okay!
 
autumn: this sweet girl had a birthday while i was visiting.
hard to believe she's eight years old now!

bogart: the resident housecat.

my favorite texas-sized burger. like ever.
on the way to meet up with some friends, i drove past the church i grew up in. 
so happy to meet this little guy!
he's the precious little son of two people i've grown up with. 
enjoyed a couple glasses of wine with mom at a local winery :)
i could get used to this view. absolutely. 
it's tradition that i must get a t-shirt from my favorite local sandwich shoppe. 

Vacations always go by too quickly. It's back to reality on Wednesday, but until then, I'm going to squeeze in all of the Texas love I can manage! 

2 comments:

pookahknits said...

Love this! Really, why can't you just move back?! (I will never stop trying)!

afairlie said...

Haha, believe me, it's still on my radar!!! ;)

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!