Thursday, October 10, 2013

things you might hear [or see] on an airplane.

With all of the traveling we've done recently, I've found myself in quite a few airplanes over the last few months. We all know that airports are prime people-watching opportunities, but if you fail to unplug your headphones during flight you might miss out on some real gems. Enjoy. 

"MISSION CONTROL. COME IN, MISSION CONTROL."

"You're squeezing me and it really hurts!"
"Don't fight it. When you fight it, it hurts."

I'm fairly certain I sat next to Mason Treadwell on one such journey. Not the actor per se, but the actual character Mason Treadwell. 

"PUT YOUR DRESS DOWN!"

On a three-hour flight, I was sitting next to an astute, orderly looking woman who was redlining a thesis. About 15 minutes into it, she closed her pen, tucked the papers away, pulled out her iPad, and played Candy Crush for the next two hours and 45 minutes. Well-played. 

"Whoooooah. It looks like we can just bounce off one of those clouds out there, huh!?"
For the record, this one was not from a child. It was from a drunk 30-something, seemingly addressing the entire aircraft. 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!