Wednesday, October 16, 2013

we three pumpkins.


It's no secret that I love fall, ya'll. 

Could you tell? :)

When I was home visiting my parents this past week, I was leisurely scrolling through Pinterest when I happened upon these precious wood pumpkins. I was totally smitten (and seizing the opportunity in having access to all of the proper wood cutting utensils--though admittedly, I never made a single cut!) knew I had to make a set of my own!

Oh, I forgot to mention... the only thing I love more than decorating for fall is making my own decorations in order to decorate for fall. Ya'll. 

I'm so happy with how they turned out! They've been gracing the dining room table since I got back home. I only wish I could keep them out year round. :) 

8 comments:

Cece said...

You are so creative!!! This time of year I'm always so jealous of those who decorate and deck their house out in Fall.

afairlie said...

I know... it's so fun to do, but when it comes time to put it up, it's the most daunting task!

TDavenport said...

The pumpkins are adorable! I want to make some for our home now too :)

P.S. I'm so jealous you got to eat Blue Bell & mexican food recently in our home town. We can't wait to go to Texas in December!

Saskia said...

Very cool! You actually painted those yourself and made them look vintage!?!? Awesome!! Now, I want to know how you store all of this stuff away! :)

afairlie said...

Thanks, Tiffany! They were SO FUN to make -- glad I had my dad to help, otherwise this project would've never happened!
Haha yes! I am already having withdrawels... December is too long to wait!

afairlie said...

Sas: Haha thanks! Yes I did :) It was really easy, just time-consuming with a lot of steps involved... :) The storage issue is TBD... :)

Anonymous said...

Scale/size?

afairlie said...

Hi! The pumpkins are made from a 4x4 and are at 10", 7", and 4" tall.

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!