Monday, December 16, 2013

"yes!"

Dearest Blog Readers:

I’ll skip the usual apology for having let so much time pass in between posts and cut right to the chase... we’re getting hitched!
our first photo as fiancees :)
naturally, i'd been crying tears of joy for the last 5 hours, so the photo isn't the best.
still, so lucky to have it!
Last weekend, my love dropped to one knee and asked if I would spend the rest of my life with him (to which I squeaked out a barely audible "yes!"). Words can’t describe the incredible journey that’s started! We’ve received such an outpour of love and support from friends and family, and we absolutely cannot wait to be married! Of course, I’m anxious to start planning the wedding (gush!), but we’ve agreed to finish out the year and enjoy our engagement. With all of the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, it didn’t make sense to start planning a wedding right away. Plus, it gives us a few weeks to just soak it all in. :)

the cork from our little engagement soiree and of course, my ring :) 
THANK YOU to all who have wished us well and all involved in our ‘plan-less plan B engagement’… more on that later ;) You guys mean the world to us and we can’t wait to do this thing! My sincerest apologies in advance if this blog turns into ‘wedding headquarters’… ;)

Xoxo!


10 comments:

Dayna Heine said...

I'm so happy for you both!!!! LOVE the ring!!

Cece said...

Congrats! Your ring looks very similar to mine. Love it.

afairlie said...

Thank you, Dayna!!! We are too excited :)

afairlie said...

Thank you, Cece!! I am going to have to go back into your archives and look at all of your wedding prep posts!

TDavenport said...

SO happy for you two! CONGRATS! Now, give us the deets! Can't wait for that post :)

pookahknits said...

I am ridiculously excited for this and for you to start planning your wedding. I may or may not have a few secret Pinterest boards that feature wedding dresses. I plead the fifth. And will live through your! Much love and happiness for you!

afairlie said...

Thanks, Tiffany!! I'm trying to hold out until I get around to creating a wedding website, but who knows how long that will be! I'll err on the sooner side... ;)

afairlie said...

Thank you so much Allison!!! I'd be lying if I said that I didn't also have a few secret pinboards... oh... like for the last three years!? Too funny!

Saskia said...

Let me try posting again to this...since last night it would NOT let me post :) CONGRATS! I'm so excited for you guys! Whether it is a small wedding, big wedding, in Texas, or in California it will be beautiful! I can't wait to read more about this "plan B" proposal!! You need to update us readers soon because I'm getting anxious to hear about it!

Congrats ya filthy animal! Cheers!! :)

afairlie said...

Hahaha thanks, Sas! I think I’m going to have to make the next post all about the proposal… you guys are too anxious! :) Hehe :)

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!