Monday, February 17, 2014

a long weekend.

Three cheers for the long weekend that's (sadly, almost) behind us! I was so fortunate to have today off to celebrate President's Day. Vacation days are so rare, and I am thankful for every single one that comes my way.

Friday night we celebrated a casual Valentine's Day in. We pretty much had a carbohydrate-based menu of salami, truffle cheese, and crackers for pre-dinner munchies, before we feasted on giant cheese ravioli in a light oil and herb sauce complete with French bread. You guys, seriously... it was all white.

And it was alright.

We exchanged Valentines and snuggled in to watch a movie. It was perfect.

wear some flowers hearts in your hair.
knit up lots of these little guys!
now what to do with all that's left? hmmm...
just a little pre-dinner sweet to compliment the champagne. ;) 
yummy little homemade coffee drink to kick off the weekend.
Saturday morning, we got up bright and early to go get our hairs did. Since I'm trying to grow mine out ('Project G', as my stylist calls it), I opted for a more balanced cut to try and get the length all the same. I have loved my asymmetrical haircut, but just cannot see it with the traditional veil I have in mind. Oooh, the excitement of veil shopping! I am seriously as excited for the accessories as I am for the dress... true story.

We went for brunch at a new place near our house, then later that afternoon, I took to re-potting some neglected patio plants. These poor little babies. They may not look like much, but this is a vast improvement to what they were before!

I'll always have a soft spot for succulents. 
Sunday, Spencer spent most of his day on the golf course while I got a mountain of errands accomplished in north county. I even squeezed in some wedding planning time with my little buddy. The ultimate treat was stopping by the Kate Spade store in the outlet mall to cash in on my Valentine gift from Spencer. Yay, shopping!

meeting of minds :) 
shopping > working
Today was the least fun day as I spent 5 hours at the service department for my car's annual scheduled service. What I thought (and was told) would take a quick hour and I'd be on my way turned in to much more... coupled with the fact that my phone died while I was waiting, the WiFi was down so I couldn't access my iPad, it was stuck on some horrible news channel relaying the medal count from the Olympics on loop play, while all the while tacking on to my already growling stomach since I skipped on breakfast (hoping to stop at a local coffee shop after my 'quick' appointment!) made for a very grumpy unpleasant morning.

The bright side? Thank goodness for full-coverage warranties and fresh Chick-fil-A chocolate chip cookies to turn my mood around... eventually ;) Regardless... a bad day away from the office is better than a Monday at the office, I always say. So for that, I am thankful.

Right now I believe it's happy hour with my darling fiancee. Cheers to all of you and best wishes for a quick work week! XOXO!

4 comments:

Cece said...

Sounds like a wonderful Carb infested dinner! I HATE getting work done on my car. I can imagine the misery. Glad everything else in your weekend was great. Long weekends are to be cherished!

afairlie said...

Cece it was! I'm paying for it today, but it was worth it ;) The car work was MISERABLE but I treated myself to a cookie afterward. Almost made it OK ;) Hope you're doing well!

Catharine Klepac said...

Um I love that you still have your ASID shirt. I think mine shrunk into a Baby-T, but I still love it and wear it ALL the time :)

afairlie said...

HAHAHA Catharine! Well, you know... sometimes you gotta throw it all the way back to 2007 ;) Mine is actually big on me now!

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!