Monday, February 10, 2014

for the moms.

You guys know I'm a sucker for cheesy gifts. There is something so appealing about a having cheap laugh from an otherwise ordinary notion that gets me every time.

One of the most important things for me during this whole wedding process is making sure that every single person involved {the wedding party, the house party, friends, family} feel as special and excited as we are. We truly want our wedding to be a celebration to include all of our friends and family, not just one where we're the only ones on display. So when I saw that Zazzle was having a flash sale on their printed t-shirts, I knew I had to get something for the Mothers.

For both of our Moms, this is the only time they'll get to carry the title of 'Mother of the Bride' and 'Mother of the Groom', as I'm an only child and Spencer is the only son. Of course, that means there's also a 'Father of the Bride' and the 'Father of the Groom'... but seeing as how I didn't figure those two men would be as apt to sport around a printed t-shirt declaring their new-found title, I have something else in mind for them. More on that later... ;)

Regardless, I'm a big believer in celebrating the small things since it's the small things that make a life {or an event, in this case} all the more special. Even when the small things come in the form of a cheesy gift.

Cue the t-shirts.



I got each of the Moms a corresponding "Mother of the Bride/Groom" t-shirt, just for fun. They were pretty tastefully done so in the event either of them want to wear it out in public, that's totally doable. ;) 


I included a little note... from the Bride, of course.


Then packaged each one up with their corresponding colors.


Added the notes, then shipped them off in the mail!

Sure hope they can find some humor, and maybe even excitement, in these cheesy little gifts. At the very least, they were fun to design and assemble! ;)

our families after my masters ceremony in 2010. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!