Friday, February 7, 2014

handmade | valentines


Woohoo! It's the weekend, ya'll! 

I'm waaaaaaay more excited than I should be about it. Looking forward to lots of lounging and making no plans. 

I just finished up the last of a little Valentine's project and I'm totally smitten with it. As a knitter, I'm constantly looking for any and every reason to knit little cutesies for any occasion. Valentine's Day is no exception. 

After some searching, I found a pattern for this sweet little hand knit heart. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. Instead of knitting up several of them and making them into a scarf as the pattern intended, I adhered them to the front of plain, store bought greeting cards. I used a gold Sharpie marker to write little notes to friends and family on the inside, and off to the mailbox they went! They ended up costing a bit more in postage due to their odd shape once inside the envelope, but that's a totally excusable expense. I mean, it's not every day that you get to knit hearts!

I've got a couple other Valentine gifts up my sleeve, but will save those for another day. ;)
Hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing weekend! 





4 comments:

Saskia said...

this is adorable!

afairlie said...

Thanks Sas!

TDavenport said...

Those are so cute!! P.S. I haven't forgotten you...I am going to write tomorrow! :)

afairlie said...

Oh, good! I hoped not! ;) Thanks!

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!