Saturday, July 26, 2014

{Recipe} healthy chocolate shake

I know, I know... I've been very quiet on the blog lately. Wedding planning is in full effect and is sucking every last free second from my days. I'd love to catch you all up to speed, but will save that post for a few days.

In the meantime... I come bearing gifts!

Well, a recipe. It's kind of the same thing as a gift, right?

Since I have purchased the wedding dress, I've been trying to keep my cravings in check. It's not easy, and I still give in way more than I should, but I'm trying.

To help that process along, I'm sharing one of my new favorites! A healthy chocolate shake! I saw a recipe similar to this one on Pinterest. I tried it... it was tasty... but I felt like it was missing something. I discovered recently what it was lacking... peanut butter. Also known as 'chocolate's best friend'. Here's my little spin on it.


..........

Healthy Chocolate Shake
  • 1 banana, cut into slices then frozen
    • This is the perfect recipe to use up those old bananas that no one ate! Personally, I only like green bananas, so the minute there's a dark spot on them...they get tossed. Now, I'll leave them on the counter a couple more days, then slice 'em up and put 'em snack size baggies and pop 'em into the freezer. Then, they're ready whenever a craving strikes!
  • 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter 
  • 3/4 - 1 C. unsweetened, cold almond milk (coconut milk or cow's milk works great, too!)
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients into a blender. Blend on low speed until creamy. Pour into a mason jar, and enjoy! Tip: If you can practice self-control, place your poured beverage into the freezer for 5-10 minutes. It will get extra cold and delish
P.S. - If your banana isn't very large, add a few ice cubes. The more cubes you add, the less creamy your 'shake' becomes. It's certainly not a bad thing, but the more frozen banana slices you can add, the better. 
P.P.S - I fervently believe that everything tastes better in a mason jar and with a paper straw. It's a fact, people. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!