Saturday, December 13, 2014

holly jolly home tour.

This is my absolute most favorite time of year. I love everything about it!

I love decorating. I love holiday parties. I love Secret Santa. I love baking cookies. I love wrapping presents. I love shopping for presents. I love making presents. I love Christmas music. I love wearing scarves and boots and hats. I love riding boots. I love hot chocolate with extra marshmallows. I love Christmas movies. I love snow. I love Christmas lights. I love stockings. I love jingle bells. I love holiday-themed cocktails. I love cinnamon and clove scented candles. I love Christmas pajamas. I love sending Christmas cards. I love getting Christmas cards.

I love Christmas.

It was a little hard to get into the Christmas spirit this year, however. With planning a wedding, a condo that's in a state of disarray due to an upstairs leak, and lots of extra expenses, it was a little hard to slow down and enjoy the moments that make this time of year special. As mentioned... we have been dealing with the after-effects of a leak from an upstairs unit. While they have fortunately fixed the physical leak, the flooring and walls in our master bedroom and bathroom are torn up. Because they will eventually have to come replace the flooring throughout the master suite, Spencer we opted not to put up my beloved 9'-0" tall Christmas tree--you know, the one that is too tall, takes me all day to decorate, causes major furniture moving, and takes up entirely too much room.

Oh, how much I love it, though!

Instead, this year we opted to "get a small tree". What my darling fiancee did not specify was the actual size of the tree he wanted, so when I found 6'-0" tree at Target for a steal at $15, I threw it in my cart and headed home. I spent half the time decorating this "little guy" than I do our other one, and I'm happy to report, I didn't have to move a single piece of furniture. It was a win-win for everyone... and even Spencer was surprised when he came home to a trimmed tree, Christmas music playing, and a clean house. You can't be mad at that!

I've just finished wrapping all of the gifts this year. I absolutely adore the way a tree looks surrounded by gifts--I think it says so much! To me, it infers that you must have a lot of special people in your life and a lot to be thankful for. THAT might be my most favorite part of Christmas!

Enjoy a few pictures from around our tiny little house :)













0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!