Saturday, January 3, 2015

happy new year!

2 0 1 5

I can't believe it's here... can you? I remember when 2000 was a big deal. Like, a REALLY big deal. And now we're staring down the barrel of 2015. Unbelievable.

I hope that you all had an absolutely wonderful holiday and a joyous new year! I hope that you spent time with friends and family, had at least a couple days of rest and relaxation, and enjoyed every single bit of the season.

2014 was, without a doubt, one of the best years of my life. Typing that seems a little odd, but it's absolutely and wonderfully true. The year began on the heels of an engagement and I've spent the last twelve months preparing and planning for our wedding--which takes place in just under three {short} months! I got to take an all-expenses paid trip to Seattle for a weekend of professional development with other local designers--who I've befriended and get to see socially from time to time. Good things happened to me professionally, and I finally reached a place of content with my current job situation. Good things happened for Spencer too, as we celebrated a new job for him this year as well. I started selling {using, and loving!} Younique products, and got a promotion to the next tier in just under three months.

I've tried other new things, too. I've attended several professional development events--learned a lot and have met a lot of great people. In October, I started introducing essential oils into my every day life, and I could not be happier with the results! From a culinary standpoint, it was a year of new foods as well--rainbow carrots, beets {YUM}, coconut oil coffee, and black bean brownies (don't knock it 'til you try it!). I even kicked my long-running Diet Coke addiction in that, I can have one or two from time to time, and not have or crave another for several months {that's huge!}.  I chose family over work, and my late nights at the office were reduced and my happiness increased. My fashion sense has grown {yep, I even own plaid pants now} and I don't feel embarrassed to try new looks the way I once did.

No, no. I don't mean to imply that it was all rosy around here. A lot of not so good things happened, too. But this year, more than any other, the good things shone through the bad. It was a great ride and I know that 2015 will have big shoes to fill!

As I've mentioned 100x before, Christmas is my favorite season. Though I didn't get to do all of my favorites this year (binge-watching Christmas movies, drinking hot chocolate, looking at Christmas lights, etc.), I did do some of my favorite things and those that I did, I enjoyed immensely.

This year, I got to split time in both mine and Spencer's hometowns {wedding planning demanded it, but I was happy to oblige}. We started the first leg of our journey with his family for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. A couple of days later, we had a couple's shower hosted by a few of his Mom's friends--our first shower and a great one at that! My parents drove in for the festivities, and I said goodbye to Spencer {who headed back to San Diego} and I spent the next 5 days going strong at home base (AKA wedding central).

december 27th: cutting our cake... we are sometimes incapable of taking a serious picture together. 
december 27th: all of the family at our shower.
december 25th: christmas day!
I got back late last night, and am trying to get back in the groove of every day life. It's always such a let-down after the holidays. Between mounds of laundry and other things demanding my attention, I am trying to soak up the last couple of days of vacation before the 'real world' hits once more.

This year is starting off strong already, and I hope that I can keep up! In addition to the obvious "crunch time" in our wedding schedule, I'm starting a new fitness and healthy eating regimen where I'll be trying to "eat clean" {less processed foods, more fresh foods}. This isn't a charge to loose weight as part of a New Years Resolution {though I'd take any help I can get!}, but rather a healthy jump start to the next DECADE of life {hello, THIRTIES--you're right around the corner!}.

Cheers to a new year! Wishing you all the best one yet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!