Saturday, October 31, 2015

H A L L O W E E N || 2015

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I'm not usually big on Halloween.
We don't go out.
We don't dress up.
We DO eat all of the Halloween candy that was intended for Trick-or-Treaters.
**It's totally OK, though. Because we NEVER get Trick-or-Treaters. And if we did, I might die of shock anyway, before I could ever get to the candy. So... there's that. 

Anyway.

Last year, we started a pretty fun little Halloween tradition, that I am all in favor of keeping up with! At least... until we hopefully have little monsters of our own one day. :)
It's a super simple concept, but classic, and we had so much fun with it last year, we decided to continue the tradition.

Like last year, we will start off our evening with dinner at home. This year, I'm making homemade fajitas with all the fixin's and yummy margarita cocktails [my favorite]. Last month, I was shopping at World Market when I saw the cutest Dia de los Muertos high ball glasses! The sugar skull on the outside of each glass is perfect for Halloween and throughout the rest of the year! Spencer and I love sugar skulls (I don't know why... they're fun! And I love the Dia tradition, so why not?) and I thought they'd be the perfect addition for this year's Halloween dinner! When we were in New Mexico last month, we went to one of my favorite places--a giant warehouse that sells lots and lots and lots of talavera pieces. They have everything from dishes, to serving pieces, to kitchen sinks. Literally, they have everything (including the kitchen sink!). We left with some new dishes, a bowl, and that ridiculously precious talavera Jack-O-Lantern! Yesterday, I whipped up a cute bunch of cocktail stirrers [long toothpick + pom-poms + fake spiders] for a fun twist on the cocktails.
Can't wait for Spencer to come home and see :-)


After dinner, we have a horror movie to watch. I like to dim the lights, light a bunch of candles, grab a couple of big blankets, and settle in to be totally spooked out. It's fun! Last year, we watched the classic 'Carrie'... and I'm itching to watch 'Friday the 13th' again, but we've got a few on Netflix that need watching. Double feature, maybe ;)

Finally, the only difference this year is that I think I'm going to pass on the caramel apples. We've been dipping our hands a little too much in the candy jar, so I think we'll call it good.

Have a wonderful and safe Halloween, friends!


2 comments:

Cece said...

And you say you aren't into Halloween! Looks like you are now. What a fun tradition! Eventually, you'll be out trick or treating with kids, but for the two of you this is perfect!

afairlie said...

LOL - thanks, Cece!! I think you're right... someone *might* be into Halloween now :) Hope you guys had a good one!

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, and I promise to reply :) Thanks for reading!